Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Unwritten" Review

"Unwritten" was a fairly good episode of House.  It wasn't anything monumental or amazing, but rather felt like a normal episode of House.  Possibly slightly weak for the beginning of the season, but maybe my expectations have just gotten too high since House is such an amazing show. 

BTW, if you don't want the episode totally spoiled, don't keep reading this review.  Of course, why would you even be on this blog if you didn't want spoilers? 

I quite enjoyed how it was a mystery about a mystery writer.  I liked the opening scene.  The moment where we find out she was hallucinating the boy quite surprised me, it make me think, "ah, yeah, this is going to be good!"  I kept trying to figure out if she was meant to be based on (or have any sort of reference to) a real life author, but I came to the conclusion that rather it was merely a reference to the concept of teen book fads like Twilight or Harry Potter (mostly Twilight), and she was not really meant to be based on either Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling.  I don't think that they would want to be insinuating that either of them would be likely to kill themselves. 

I saw it coming that House was lying to her when he was offering her the chance to kill herself.  As if House would actually let her do that.  I was pleased to see she was still alive after the commercial break. 

On another note, Chase's chick was nasty looking.  I would not call her a "smoking hot babe" as House did.  She looked like a whore.  Chase, you can do so much better than that. 

On to House and Cuddy.  House says that it's a problem that he and Cuddy don't have anything in common besides work....uh, isn't being doctors who work together a major major thing to have in common?  (My boyfriend and I work together in the summers, and it makes me feel like we have everything in common.  Although, really we like very different things outside of that, but it totally doesn't matter.  Although, now that I think about it, he does tend to act like it's an issue if I mention that I don't like some movie or music that he likes.  As if that really matters.  So, maybe that's a guy concern?)

Cuddy was being pretty bitchy on their go-cart double date.  They're just go-carts, take a chill pill.  She was all super dramatic about a stupid seat belt hurting her. Really, though, I don't like go-carts that much either.  They always look like fun, but they all go the same speed, and it's really quite boring once you get out there.  There's not much actual racing going on.  Although, I guess that's the idea of stock car racing, but it's a lot more interesting when the cars go over 7 mph.  (Not that I like NASCAR or anything, but interesting for others.)  My point is that even though go-carts are kind of lame, she needed to just chill out and have some fun. 

The ending of the episode felt slightly anti-climactic to me.  It was just like...and she's better now, the end.  I felt like I couldn't trust that she was really magically better and wouldn't want to kill herself anymore.  I don't know, what are your thoughts on this?   I did like House's comment to her at the end, though.  That was very nice of him to not be a total jackass and tell her the truth about her son, like he wanted to. 

So, onto next week.  Please leave comments and tell me your thoughts about the episode, or your thoughts on my thoughts.  I would love to know if you agree or disagree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment